Where should I locate my ULSOCO solar panel?
Locate Your ULSOCO Solar Panel
So you’re just about ready to buy your ULSOCO Solar system and thinking about where should you locate your ULSOCO solar panel? Ground-mounted solar panels are an excellent option for those who have enough space in their garden. In this article, we’ll discuss the best location to install ground-mounted solar panels in your UK garden.
Why Ground-Mounted Solar Panels Are a Good Choice for UK Homes
Ground-mounted solar panels are an excellent option for UK gardens because they are not reliant on a roof space, which can be limited, especially if you have a small or shaded roof. Additionally, ground-mounted solar panels can be installed in a location that maximizes their efficiency, whereas roof-mounted solar panels may not have the same optimal orientation or angle.
The Best Location for Ground-Mounted Solar Panels in Your Garden
When considering the best location for ground-mounted solar panels in your UK garden, there are a few factors to consider. These include:
- Sunlight exposure: The location of the solar panels should receive direct sunlight for most of the day. A location that receives sunlight from morning to early evening is ideal.
- Shading: The location should not be shaded by trees or other structures, as shading can significantly reduce the efficiency of the solar panels.
- Orientation: The solar panels should be facing south or southwest to maximize their exposure to sunlight.
- Angle: The optimal angle for solar panels in the UK is between 30-40 degrees.
- Ground type: The ground should be relatively flat and stable, and the soil should be able to support the weight of the solar panels and the mounting system.
Good To Know
When you order from ULSOCO, we will provide you with a customised setup guide that will show you where to aim your solar panel(s).
In summary, choosing the best location for your ground-mounted solar panels in your UK garden, consider the factors of sunlight exposure, shading, orientation, angle, and ground type. By taking these factors into account, you can ensure that your solar panels are installed in an optimal location, maximising their efficiency and energy output.