“Reduce Monthly Electricity Bill”, this is what we keep here in the news and from our friends and neighbours. As we continue to rely on electricity for our daily lives, it’s important to understand just how much of this vital energy source we’re using each month. In the UK, the average household uses a significant amount of electricity each year, with this figure only set to increase as we continue to use more and more electronic devices. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at the average electricity usage of a UK house each month.
Average Monthly Electricity Usage
The average UK household uses around 3,100 kWh of electricity per year, with an average monthly usage of 258 kWh. This figure can vary depending on the size of your home and the number of people living there, with larger homes and families using more electricity than smaller properties.
Factors Affecting Electricity Usage
There are a number of factors that can affect the amount of electricity you use each month. Some of these include:
- The size of your home
- The number of people living there
- The type and number of appliances you use
- How often you use these appliances
- The efficiency of your appliances
Using Energy-Efficient Appliances
One of the easiest ways to reduce your monthly electricity usage is by using energy-efficient appliances. These appliances use less energy to perform the same tasks as traditional appliances, helping to reduce your monthly electricity bill. Some of the most energy-efficient appliances include:
- LED light bulbs
- Energy-efficient washing machines
- Energy-efficient refrigerators
- Energy-efficient televisions
Making Changes to Reduce Electricity Usage
In addition to using energy-efficient appliances, there are a number of changes you can make to reduce your monthly electricity usage. Some of these include:
- Turning off lights and appliances when not in use
- Unplugging chargers when not in use
- Using a power strip to turn off multiple devices at once
- Installing a smart thermostat to control heating and cooling
By making these small changes, you can significantly reduce your monthly electricity usage and help to reduce your carbon footprint.