If you’re looking for a way to reduce your carbon footprint and save on your energy bills, installing DIY solar panels is one of the most effective solutions. But you don’t have to pay a professional to do it – find out why doing it yourself can be the best way to go in this article!
Solar panels are a great way to save money on your energy bill, and they’re becoming more and more popular as technology improves. However, many people don’t realize that you can install solar panels yourself and that doing so can save you even more money.
There are plenty of benefits to installing solar panels yourself, including the following:
- Cost Savings: Perhaps the biggest benefit of installing solar panels yourself is the cost savings. A DIY solar 4 panel starter kit can cost significantly less than an on-roof equivalent solar system.
- Increased Efficiency: Another big benefit of installing solar panels yourself is that you can ensure that they’re installed in the most optimal position, which will lead to increased efficiency. This means that you’ll get more power from your solar panels, and thus save even more money on your energy bills.
- Environmental Friendliness: Solar power is renewable and clean, so by installing solar panels yourself you’ll be doing your part to help the environment. Not only will you be saving money, but you’ll also be helping to preserve our planet for future generations.
Why Install Solar Panels Yourself?
There are many reasons why you should install solar panels yourself. First, it is a great way to save money. The cost of installing solar panels can be very expensive, and if you do it yourself, you can save a lot of money. Second, by installing solar panels yourself, you will be able to get the most out of your investment. Solar panels are a great way to reduce your electric bill, and by doing it yourself, you will be able to get the full benefit of your investment. Third, when you install solar panels yourself, you will be able to choose the best location of your panel array with the help of your ULSOCO advisor. This means that you can maximize the amount of sunlight that hits your panels, which will increase their efficiency. Finally, when you install solar panels yourself, you will be able to take pride in knowing that you did it yourself!
Benefits of Self-Installation
When it comes to solar panels, there are many benefits to installing them yourself. Here are some of the top reasons why DIY is the best choice:
- Save money on installation costs: The biggest benefit of installing solar panels yourself is that you can save a lot of money on installation costs. Major commercial installers typically charge nearly £6000 or more for a 2.37 kWp / 6 panel system. However, if you do it yourself, you can easily bring the cost down to around £3159 with an ULSOCO system which means you get a saving of around £2836..
- Learning Something New: People don’t realise it’s actually really easy to install a ground mounted solar array. Typically, the only thing needed is an electrician to install an outdoor isolator / socket.
- Less Paperwork: One final benefit is that if you do a DIY Solar System, you do not need to notify your DNO if it is under 800w. With ULSOCO, if your system grows above 800w, we will actually complete and submit the paperwork to your local DNO on your behalf.
What Do You Need to Know Before Installing Solar Panels?
There are a few things to keep in mind before installing solar panels. First, check your local planning regulations and make sure you are not in a listed building or conservation area to make sure that installing solar panels is allowed. Next, take a look at your surroundings and determine if it can accommodate the panels. Finally, consider the area whether the panels will get enough sun exposure, which is usually a South Facing direction.
Cost of DIY vs Professional Installation
The average cost of a solar panel system is £6000 for a 6 panel 2.37kWh system. If you install the same panel system with ULSOCO, will get all the equipment and setup guide for less than £3200 (check the SHOP for current prices). This means that you will save around £2800 by installing the system yourself.
There are many benefits to installing solar panels yourself. The most obvious benefit is the money you will save. However, there are other benefits as well. When you install the system yourself, you will be able to customise it and grow it to fit your specific needs. This means that you can choose the size and type of panels that best suit your home or business.
Another benefit of installing solar panels yourself is that you will have a better understanding of how the system works. This knowledge can be helpful if something goes wrong with the system in the future. Finally, when you install the system yourself, you will be able to take pride in knowing that you did it yourself!
Tips for Self-Installation of Solar Panels
If you’re considering installing solar panels, you may be wondering if it’s worth doing it yourself. The answer is a resounding yes! Not only can you save money by avoiding costly installation fees, but you’ll also get the satisfaction of knowing that you did it yourself.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Do your research. Before you start, it’s important to have a good understanding of the process and what’s involved. There are plenty of resources available online and in libraries to help you learn about solar panel installation.
- Gather the right tools and materials. You’ll need basic hand tools such as a screwdriver. Make sure you have everything on hand before starting so that you don’t have to take any unnecessary breaks during the project.
- Plan your installation carefully. Work with your ULSOCO Account Manager after you complete your purchase. They will produce a dedicated installation guide that will actually show you the best place to site your panels and guide you if you need any additional electrical work done to connect your system to your homes electrical system.
- Be safety-conscious. Working with electricity can be dangerous, so always take proper precautions and follow all instructions carefully.
- Have patience (and perseverance). Each panel will take about 15 minutes to set up.
Installing solar panels yourself is an excellent way to save money and reduce your reliance on the grid. Not only can you get savings up front, but you also have the potential to make money through energy credits and long-term savings in utility bills. With a few simple tools and some guidance, even those with limited technical skills can take advantage of this great opportunity to go green. Whether you are looking for ways to save on energy or just want to gain independence from utility companies, installing solar panels yourself is a great solution!