What is solar microgeneration?
Solar microgeneration is a process by which solar energy is converted into electricity or heat on a small scale. The most common type of solar microgeneration system is the photovoltaic (PV) system, which converts sunlight into electricity. One of the main benefits of solar microgeneration systems are that it can be used for a variety of applications, including powering homes and businesses, providing heating and hot water, and even generating electricity for communal street lighting.
The benefits of solar microgeneration
With the Ulsoco solar microgeneration system, you benefit from lowing the amount of electrical energy you pull from the national grid. Which means that you save you money on your electricity bills.
Solar PV systems offer many benefits, including:
- Reducing your carbon footprint and helping to combat climate change
- Lowering your energy bills by generating your own clean, renewable electricity
- Increasing your energy security by reducing your reliance on the grid
- Providing a hedge against future energy price rises
- Creating local skilled jobs and boosting the economy
The different types of solar microgeneration
There are three main types of solar microgeneration:
1. Solar photovoltaic (PV) cells convert sunlight into electricity. They can be used to power everything from small electronic devices to entire homes and businesses.
2. Solar thermal collector panels absorb sunlight and convert it into heat. This can be used for space heating, domestic hot water, or even cooling through a process called absorption refrigeration.
3. Concentrated solar power (CSP) systems use mirrors or lenses to concentrate sunlight onto a small area. The resulting heat is then used to generate electricity or provide industrial process heat.
When you get a system from Ulsoco, you will be using the first type, Solar PV.
How to get started with solar microgeneration
With a system from Ulsoco, the process is really easy. Simply visit our online store, complete your purchase and we will contact you for some details before sending your solar system out to you. It usually takes less than 15 minutes to get the system set up and plugged into an outdoor garden socket. Now you are part of the growing solar microgeneration revolution.
Ultimately, Solar microgeneration is a process by which solar panels are used to generate electricity on a small scale, typically for powering homes and businesses. This technology has become even more popular in recent years as the cost of solar panels has fallen. This means that awareness of the systems have increased and this in turn gives environmental benefits of renewable energy. Solar microgeneration is a clean, efficient, and sustainable way to produce electricity, and it is an important part of the transition to a low-carbon economy.